GNA & UAPRN of Georgia Call for Abstracts for 2nd Annual Unity Conference for Nursing Excellence
We are calling for abstracts for poster submissions for the 2nd Annual Unity Conference for Nursing Excellence. The submission deadline is August 1, 2019.
If you'd like to submit an abstract for consideration, please follow the intrustions below carefully.
For questions, please contact UAPRN of Georgia State Director At-large Desiree Clement, DNP, APRN, CNM, FNP-BC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unity Conference Poster Abstract Submission Guidelines
Poster Abstract Submission deadline is August 1, 2019. Poster acceptance notification by August 15, 2019.
The poster may describe a clinical project, nursing research, address elements of nursing practice expanding on current or future practice, innovative teaching methods within nursing education, nursing workforce issues, policy development surrounding nursing practice, or enhancement of safety or utilization of quality improvement within healthcare delivery.
Poster Guidelines: (Please follow below structured format)
Submit abstracts to email@example.com as a PDF attachments, subject line “Poster Abstract."
Abstracts: Single-spaced and no more than 350 words using 12 pt. Times New Roman Font using 6th ed. APA format with the following poster header sections:
- Purpose OR Aim, Research Questions AND/OR Hypotheses
- Significance OR Background (conceptual framework if applicable)
- Methods OR Methodology (e.g. design, sampling, procedures, instruments, limitations)
- Findings OR Results (presentations of work in progress may use N/A for Findings)
- Discussion OR Practice Implications (conclusions and implications for practice, research, and/or education).
- References (for abstract submission & poster should be not older than 5 years in APA format).
Please include on abstract submission and poster: Name of author(s), title, cell phone #, and email address for contact purposes.
Accepted Posters: Must contain the above same headings as the submitted abstract.
- Poster dimensions: standard size of 36 inches x 48 inches. Easels will be available for display by the venue.
- All posters must be set up in the conference center by 7:30 am no later than November 1, 2019.
- It will be the presenter’s responsibility to remove the poster by 4 pm on November 2, 2019.
Presenters should attempt to be present at their posters during breaks and around educational sessions to answer any questions from attendees.
**All UAPRN/GNA Unity Conference accepted poster presenters will need to register and pay for conference attendance. Three award winners for best poster will be recognized.
Desireé Clement, DNP, APRN, CNM, FNP-BC,
UAPRNs of Georgia, State Director-At-Large