11 Georgia Nurses named American Academy of Nursing 2019 fellows, 4 are GNA Members
Repost from AJC Pulse article "11 Georgia nurses named American Academy of Nursing 2019 fellows" on June 19, 2019.
Eleven Georgia Nurses were named American Academy of Nursing 2019 fellows on Tuesday, June 18, 2019, four of which are GNA Members. According to the AJC Pulse article, "eleven Georgia nurses will be among those inducted at the upcoming AAN policy conference in October."
Fellows come from 17 different countries, 38 states and the District of Columbia.
Here are the Georgia inductees:
- Jinbing Bai, PhD, MSN, RN (Emory University)
- Noreen Bernard, EdD, MS, BSN, RN, NEA-BC (Emory Healthcare)
- Eve Heemann Byrd, DNP, MPH, NP (The Carter Center)
- Rasheeta Chandler-Coley, PhD, ARNP, FNP-BC, FAANP (Emory University)- GNA Member
- Tim Cunningham, DrPH, MSN, RN (Emory Healthcare)
- Michelle Dynes, PhD, MPH, MSN, RN, CNM, FACNM (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Deena E. Gilland, DNP, RN, NEA-BC (Emory Healthcare)- GNA Member
- Theresa Wicklin Gillespie, PhD, MA, RN (Emory University)
- Patricia Jean Moreland, PhD, CPNP-PC (Emory University)- GNA Member
- Carolyn Miller Reilly, PhD, RN, CHFN-K, CNE, FAHA (Emory University)- GNA Member
- Mary Zellinger, MN, RN, ANP-BC, CCNS, CCRN-CSC, FCCM (Emory University Hospital)
Congratulations to these nursing leaders!
We are the largest professional association for registered nurses in the State of Georgia. Since our founding in 1907, our Mission and Vision has remained constant; nurses shaping the future of professional nursing for a healthier Georgia.
We take care of our members by hosting energizing experiences, providing empowering insight and giving essential resources that will help them grow professionally. We also care for them by offering lifestyle benefits that enhance their quality of life and demonstrate our commitment to Taking Care of the WHOLE Nurse.
Unity and one voice within the nursing profession is pivotal to us, therefore we constantly seek ways to join efforts across nursing specialty societies and patient advocacy groups to ensure that our voice is heard in every arena.
Visit us at georgianurses.org.