The Georgia Nurses Foundation presents: The Georgia Nursing Hall of Fame™!
March 8, 2021- The Georgia Nursing Hall of Fame™ recognizes exemplary nurses who have become legends for their dedication to nursing in the state of Georgia.
“As GNF President, I am so happy to see the Georgia Nursing Hall of Fame™ come to fruition,” stated Georgia Nurses Foundation President Wanda Jones, BSN, RN, MSN, FNP-BC. “We have been planning this program for over two years to honor and showcase the many nursing legends in Georgia. Due to the pandemic, we decided not to hold this event in 2020. We are so looking forward to our inaugural event in October 2021.”
Criteria for Nominees
- A minimum of 15 years of nursing experience (i.e., bedside, leadership, or academia).
- Describe how the nominee made a positive impact on nursing and healthcare in the state of Georgia, nationally and/or internationally.
- Describe how the nominee has been instrumental in the improvements of his/her community (i.e., hospital, academia, society).
- Give examples of the nominee’s involvement in civic and/or philanthropic activities.
- Describe how the nominee has elevated the status of a nurse within the state of Georgia.
- Explain why you believe this person should be inducted into the Georgia Nursing Hall of Fame™.
Nominations for the inaugural cohort may be submitted until June 15, 2021 to email@example.com, subject line “Hall of Fame Nominee.”
This is a brand-new program, so we anticipate receiving questions or inquiries. If you have any, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you know a Georgia registered nurse whose character and track record you believe meets the criteria of the Georgia Nursing Hall of Fame™? Nominate that nurse today!
About the Georgia Nurses Foundation
The Georgia Nurses Foundation (GNF) is the charitable and philanthropic arm of the Georgia Nurses Association (GNA). GNF supports GNA and its work to foster the welfare and well-being of nurses, and promote and advance the nursing profession, thereby enhancing the health of the public.