ICN Congress 2023: Call for Abstracts
July 19, 2022- The International Council of Nurses (ICN) today launched its Call for Abstracts for the ICN Congress 2023 in Montreal, Canada. Abstracts can be submitted from 1 September for an oral or e-poster presentation under the eight sub-themes. With the theme, Nurses together: A force for global health, this face-to-face Congress will take place 1-5 July at the Montreal Palais de Congrès. The on-line submission system will be open from 1 September to 31 October 2022.
Organized by ICN in partnership with the Canadian Nurses Association, this international gathering will bring together the powerful force of the 28 million nurses worldwide to examine how we can build on the lessons learned from the pandemic: from the need to protect nurses' rights to decent working conditions and salaries, to how we can drive nursing leadership and make a greater impact on health policies at all levels. The event will also highlight the importance of unity, solidarity and collaboration as we come together as a force for global health!
Early bird registration is open from 1 September 2022 - 31 January 2023.
The Council of National Nursing Association Representatives, ICN's global governing body, will convene prior to the Congress from 29 June to 1 July 2023. Congress participants who are members of ICN member associations will be able to observe global nursing leaders, identify the profession's priorities and future directions.
The eight sub-themes for the 2023 Congress are:
1. Nursing leadership: shaping the future of healthcare
2. The critical role of nurses in emergency and disaster management
3. Driving the professional practice of nursing through regulation and education
4. Improving the quality and safety of healthcare delivery
5. Advancing nursing practice: pushing the boundaries
6. Growing and sustaining the nursing workforce
7. Promoting and enabling healthier communities
8. Addressing global health priorities and strengthening health systems
Further information and regular updates on the Congress programme will be posted on the Congress website.
ICN's Congresses are the world's largest international events for nurses. Registration for the 2023 Congress in Montreal will open on 1 September 2022.