DPH releases COVID-19 Vaccine Locator
January 11, 2021- “The Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) is launching a COVID vaccine locator on the DPH website at https://dph.georgia.gov. The tool allows users to search by county for a vaccine provider in their community, and provides location and contact information for the provider. This is not a centralized scheduling tool.
County health departments and private providers are included in the locator. Additional locations statewide will be added when providers are ready to safely administer vaccine, and as vaccine supply allows. All health departments and most other providers require appointments for vaccine administration. Because vaccine supply is limited, providers may not have immediate appointments available.
Effective [today], Jan. 11, Georgia will be in phase 1A+ of vaccine administration. That phase includes: healthcare workers (physicians, nurses, EMS personnel, laboratory technicians, environmental services, etc.); residents and staff of long-term care facilities; adults aged 65+ and their caregivers, as applicable; and law enforcement, firefighters, 9-1-1 dispatchers and first responders.”
Click here to read the complete press release.
Other important information
- Would you or would you not take the COVID-19 vaccine? Take this 2-minute survey.
- How to volunteer to administer the COVID-19 Vaccine
- How healthcare providers can get the vaccine
- COVID-19 Vaccine Educational Videos
- DPH HealthCare Personnel Return to Work Guidance
- Georgia HOSA State Leadership Volunteers Needed